Why Support A Campaign?
Inclusion is something we achieve together, as a collective. How will we know when we get there? When the differences between us and our many types of bodies are so commonplace, so visible, they simply go unnoticed.
At present, when a person loses their mobility, access to the outdoors quickly diminishes, along with their opportunities for social interaction. Depression follows isolation, and those living with mobility issues often face multiple diagnoses and conditions at once. Add to this the challenge of balancing high medical expenses with extremely low income, and you start to see a picture of what life is like for so many.
The burden of achieving mobility and inclusion should not be borne by those facing the most stresses: all of us need to contribute!
Because our current medical system doesn’t provide for wellness or lifestyle products, we are doing everything we can to make the Alinker accessible for everyone. Please join the movement by supporting one or more of the crowdfunding campaigns we are now hosting directly from our website. Tell these individuals — who have so bravely shared their stories — that they are seen and recognized, and help them to #keepmoving!
Any amount helps us reach our goals, and your credit card will only be billed once the total target (for each campaign) is reached. All the money is handled by Stripe — to cover the cost of the Alinker walking bike, as well as shipping and the crowdfunding platform admin fee.
Join us. Demonstrate your commitment to creating an inclusive future for all types of bodies!
How Crowdfunding Works
Please read the entire crowdfunding procedure description below to be certain you understand the process prior to signing up.
WHO CAN SIGN UP?
- You may only sign up to campaign for yourself or someone for whom you will be managing the campaign (ie. a spouse or a child)
- We do not allow “surprise” campaigns - the person for whom the campaign is run MUST be consenting and involved
- We do not allow group campaigns- it is the individual stories that make campaigns successful
WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO SIGN UP?
- When you sign up, we will ask you a few details about yourself or the loved one you are creating the campaign for, including basic information such as name, address, and contact information
- We will need your proper size measurement, so be sure to follow the directions on the website and have your measurement ready to provide at sign up
- Measurement instructions can be found here
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT ONCE I HAVE COMPLETED THE SIGN UP?
- A completed registration secures your place on our campaigns waiting list.
- Once on our waiting list, we ask that you sign up and become active in our social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram
- Becoming active in our social media network while on our waiting list is extremely important to the process.
- This allows you to get a feel for campaigning by observing and supporting other campaigns, and will help expand the reach of your campaign to our very active and supportive community.
WHEN WILL I BEGIN MY CAMPAIGN?
- When you have reached the top of the waiting list, an Alinker staff member will reach out to you to help you begin building your campaign by following a few easy steps
- The process will require you to have computer access
- Once you have filled out the campaign template and personalized it with your story and photos/videos, you will submit it to us to ensure everything is in order, and then your campaign will launch!
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE MY CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES?
- At the time of your launch we would love to have you join us on Instagram Live to tell share your story
- We'll coach you through how to share the campaign on social media and by email to reach the people who can make a contribution and help fund your purchase.
- The more you share your campaign, the more opportunities for people to donate. Don’t forget to ask your friends and family to share as well, so their extended contacts can hear your story, too.
HOW ARE CONTRIBUTIONS HANDLED?
- We'll manage the money for you. Unless you reach your goal, none of your friends will incur any costs.
- If you hit your campaign goal, we'll charge their credit cards to collect payment.
- AT NO TIME will you or the person campaigning be handling funds. Any funds raised in excess of your goal will be designated to another campaigner of your choice or the collective campaign
- Once all contributions have been charged and cleared, we will contact you to arrange shipping details. Shipping times will vary depending upon the availability of our stock
It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for the success of your campaign that you maintain contact with us throughout the process. At every point along the way, we're here to answer your questions and help you make your campaign a success.← Back to Crowdfunding main page